Thursday, February 20, 2014

Clothespin Bucket and Hook

When my husband hung my retractable clotheslines for me, I was thrilled! So thrilled, that I couldn't wait to hang things on the lines. I got all my sheets ready to hang, and then realized I didn't have any clothespins...


So, I needed a cheap, quick solution. I went to the kitchen and collected all the chip clips and clippy magnets I could find, all the better if they were picked up as free promotional items at a convention somewhere. They worked great!

Then, I needed something to put my clips in. Enter the little party favor bucket I'd gotten with my baby shower gifts!

My final issue was hanging the bucket on the line for ease of use. I remembered finding a strange looking round clamp sort of thing when we moved into our house. So I hunted it down. The part I wanted to hang on the line (the loops) was too tight. So I got some needle-nose pliers and opened them out as best I could. Voila! It fits!

Later on, while at the store one day, I did pick up a pack of real clothespins for $1.59. So now, I have a totally serviceable solution, and it was practically free!


Clothespin Bucket Hook | Mutts and Munchkins
Here's my strange looking clamp device. 

Clothespin Bucket Hook | Mutts and Munchkins
 My assorted clothespin collection.

Clothespin Bucket Hook | Mutts and Munchkins
 The clothespin bucket and hook solution in use!


Make It Better

What DIY solution have you come up with for storing and using clothespins?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for keeping the comments respectful.